Friday 20 April 2012

The Creative Crafts Show - Kings Hall, Belfast

I was treated to the most lovely day out to the Creative Crafts Show in the Kings Hall today, by my equally craft mad mum! There was a huge array of sparkling beads, woollen bits and bobs, fabrics to die for, highly intricate hand made lace, card making of all sorts, the most fabulous cross stitch and embroidery and a choice of modern or traditional tapestries.  What can I say? I wanted it all! LOL


Every wall and nook and cranny was full of everything imaginable to tempt and inspire the many craft loving visitors.  Unfortunately, but understandably, there was a no photography rule so i can't share the  wonders that were on show, but i did manage to take an overall picture or 2 from the balcony:
























I have to say there were a few stands that captured my attention more than others, but every single exhibitor did a fantastic job.  There were lots of workshops going on throughout the day as well, how to make shambala bracelets, lace making, card craft and extreme knitting to name just a few! 


I was particularly impressed by the products on show and being demonstrated by The Stitch Witch - I have a bit of a soft spot for African patterns and they had some stunning ones on show - you can view some of them here.  Also the stained glass window effect quilts were just too gorgeous to walk past and mum decided to treat herself to a few patterns! 


We were tempted too by the beautiful knitted items on show from the Glen Gallery in Cullybackey.  The lovely ladies we were speaking to really sold the shop to us well, without even trying, and i imagine a trip that direction will be on the cards soon enough :) They regularly host workshops by international designers in the Glen Gallery so we might just see about visiting when we can decide which of the many workshops we would like to attend most! 


Finally, I was tempted into a purchase of some Celtic design fabric from Rags for Linda - I have an absolute love for traditional Celtic design and have been talking about doing some work with this myself recently.  Well, when I saw the fabric I knew it just had to be mine:




All I have to do now is decide what I would like to make with it!! Watch this space I guess...... :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment